Friday, April 3, 2009

nakedguysntents


One of my favorite Yahoo groups celebrated it's 2nd Anniversary this week and I wanted to bring it to your attention. It's called nakedguysntents and here's what Pete the group moderator had to say about the occasion.

Hey campers, Can you believe it? This is our second anniversary. Two years ago, I sat at my computer naked, cursor nervously hovering over the send button, and a new Yahoo group was born. I sent those first few posts to a couple of internet acquaintances I'd convinced to help me try out a new idea. After working out a few bugs, I sent my first public invitations a couple of weeks later and there was no turning back. Naked guys quickly started lining up at the camp office wanting a place to pitch their tents. At first I thought maybe I'd get 100 guys who wanted to trade pix of naked guys camping. It was, after all, a rather narrow subject to base a group on. Well, the requests never stopped coming in. To date, over 2500 people have asked to join, over 2300 guys have been approved, and almost 1700 of you are still here in camp! From the original idea of trading naked camp pix, we have truly grown into a community. We still enjoy sharing those hot camp pix, but now we also share stories about our own naked adventures, tips on favorite campgrounds, and maybe most importantly - the knowledge that there are other guys with the same interests as us out there. I don't know how many guys have commented when joining that they didn't know there were other guys who were into getting naked while camping. Well, we're out there. All over in fact. 50 different countries around the world; 75% in the US (no surprise), but Canada, Australia, & UK follow with roughly 50 campers each. France & Germany are next at about 25 each, and then Italy, the Netherlands, & Spain with about a dozen. In the US, we've got campers in 49 of the 50 states, plus DC. For some reason we can't hold onto anyone from Alaska. The top 5 states are: CA-142, TX-111, FL-82, NY-68, MA-55. The thin spot? Well if you're in ID, MT, or WY you're in some gorgeous and remote country perfect for naked camping & hiking, but there's only 1 NGNT camper in each. (At least as far as I know. I'm only going by the info from your Yahoo profiles.) Thanks, guys, for two years of fun. I hope the pix & tales helped you stroke out a few extra loads. They sure did for me. Well, I start this third year the same way I started the first - naked in front of the computer, cursor over the send button, ready to click send. Here's to another year of camping pix & tales. Happy anniversary, campers. -- Pete Group owner & campground host

So there you have it. If it sounds good to you check them out at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nakedguysntents/ .

And now here's some nakedguysntents........................

No comments:

Post a Comment